Cooking adventures!

Ominous Cook Book Stack 


So today, I went on a cooking adventure and experimented with THREE new recipes! It was very exciting and fun and all of them turned out so well! Enjoy these recipes and make sure to eat the polenta right off the stove, it doesn't save very well :( 

Rosemary Gruyere and Sea Salt Crisps from Smitten Kitchen (great food blog to follow by the way) 

1 1/2 cup coarsely grated Gruyere cheese
4 tbsp butter
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp finely minced rosemary- definitely better if fresh
Rosemary Gruyere and Sea Salt Crisps
1/4 tsp sea salt (any kind mixed in, but I used coarse sea salt on top)

Polenta with Fresh Corn from Gwyneth Paltrow- not always a huge fan of hers, but I love this cookbook! 

4 cups water
1 cup polenta
coarse salt
kernels from 1 fresh ear of corn- I used one cup of frozen corn and it worked fine
1/2 cup milk
Polenta with corn
1/4 cup cream
black pepper 
1 tbsp fresh chives

Chocolate Truffles from Laduree- Obviously I love Laduree because they have macaroons, but this cookbook is awesome even without those! 

4 1/2 tbsp butter
Chocolate Truffles
9 oz. dark chocolate (70% coca)
2/3 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
1 cup + 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder

I know this is a lot, but I hope you enjoy! XO