Announcements and Veronese

Hello all! I am sorry I haven't blogged in a little while! I have one announcement before I tell you about this amazing art exhibit I went to last week. I know this has been mainly a fashion/ style blog up until now, and that isn't going to change. However, I am going to start writing about a couple of different other topics as well. Right now, but wardrobe isn't very interesting or blog worthy because you have probably seen all of the outfits and different combinations that I brought with me to London. Because of that, the outfit posts are going to be on hold until I get home in May. Then they will be back in full force, don't worry. In the meantime, I am going to keep blogging about my European adventures and other fun things I feel like talking about. So stick with me and enjoy the ride :) 
I am a huge art fanatic and every time we go to an art exhibit or see something, I go into complete fan girl mode! So to get in my weekly art cravings, I visited the National Gallery last week and saw the Veronese special exhibit. Now gong in, I had no idea who Veronese was or what he was famous for other than painting in the late 1500s. I just decided to go because I love that period of time for art and I like discovering new artists (or at least new to me). So I went in with pretty low expectations. However, I was completely blown away. This exhibit had FIFTY of Veronese best known works from altar pieces to portraits to mythological scenes. Some of the groups of paintings hadn't ever been seen together or it had been at least 200 years. The exhibit had an amazing variety of painting subjects and was presented so beautifully. Normally, I pay for the audio guide, but it gets a little monotonous. This audio guide though, was interesting and had featured speakers specializing in art, theatre, costume, literature, and more. All in all, this was a phenomenal exhibit and you should definitely visit it if you are in London any time from now until June 15. If you aren't going to make the exhibit and you are interested in art, check out the National Gallery's feature page on Veronese and some of his work.

Switching gears, I am leaving for my second spring break today and returning to Florence then heading to Seville and Granada. There will definitely be lots and other fun things to read about in the days to come, so make sure you come back and check it out! XO