Weekend in Paris

Raft of the Medusa by Theodore Gericault

Louvre and the Pyramid 

The Eiffel Tour 

Macaroons 

Escargot and Fries 
Hello all!! My weekend in Paris was amazing! Yesterday, we got off to a slow start, but then I went to the Louvre and spent a long time there. I hadn't done any research and I couldn't remember what was there other than the Mona Lisa and the Venus de Milo. So my plan was to just wander around and enjoy. However, the first room I went into had a sketch of The Raft of Medusa by Theodore Gericault, which is one of my favorite paintings. I didn't even realize the Louvre had the original painting, so I basically went on a man hunt for this painting. I was the biggest art nerd and completely loved every second of it! From the Louvre, we wandered through the Tuileries Gardens and then up the Champs-Elysees to the Laduree store! I mean what is going to Paris without macaroons?! We then made our way back to our flat and ate a local cafe for dinner. They had escargot on the menu and I had to order it. I love snails and I was in Paris so win-win situation.  They were probably some of the best escargot that I have ever had :) All in all, it was a fabulous weekend, but I am looking forward to spending time in London for a little while! XO