Baking Day




The weekend is always about baking at my house. My mom has a food blog and she tests all of her recipes on the weekend. So this weekend, we made mixed berry crumble top muffins, or rather I did while my mom multitasked and made four other things! Anyways, I am not a big muffin fan because they are normally too dry for me. However, these are amazing! I think they are so moist because of the sour cream. Not only are they delicious, they are also pretty simple to make. Here is the recipe and the link to my mom's post about them. Make sure to check out my mom's blog too! XO

Mixed Berry Crumble Top Muffins
Author: 
Recipe type: Breakfast
Serves: 18
 
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350º. Either spray or line cupcake pans.
  2. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
  3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt. Add the berries and mix gently to coat the berries. Don't over stir because you don't want all the juice to escape. Just coat the berries in the dry mixture. 
  4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, sour cream and eggs. Add the liquid ingredients and melted butter to the dry ingredients and mix just until combined and I mean barely. Don't even worry about lumps, just make sure you can scoop it.  Scoop the batter with a large ice cream scooper into the muffin cups.
  5. For the Crumble, combine the ingredients and mix together with a pastry cutter or your fingers. Sprinkle on the top of the muffins. It makes more than you will need.
  6. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted comes out clean. They will not be dark brown on the top. Allow to cool slightly and then transfer to wire rack.
  7. The recipe says it makes 12 muffins, but I had enough batter for 18 very large muffins.
  8. Butter Baked Goods (adapted slightly)