Could there be any more churches?



Let me tell you, there are a lot of churches in Rome. And I mean so many that they have the same frequency as Starbucks in Seattle. But, the most spectacular one, in my opinion, is definitely St. Peter's Basilica, which makes sense because it's the Pope's church and everything. Every time I walk inside, I know what to expect, but the two football fields of amazing baroque architecture that make up the interior of St. Peter's always knock me back a little. This church is simply stunning. I won't bore you with all of the history and art facts and random tidbits that I happen to know, but here are some highlights. XO






Bernini's altar

Every inch of the Basilica is decorated. 

The lighting was perfect in the late afternoon. 

Michelangelo's Pieta that he sculpted at 24!