DC and other fun happenings

So from the pictures in yesterday's post, y'all know I was in DC this past weekend. I hadn't been up there in a while and I have to say it was incredible. We went up specifically to visit two art museums and had a wonderful time exploring the museums as well as eating really good food. First, we went to the National Gallery to see the Piero di Cosimo special exhibit. It was interesting to see the works, but not exactly my style. I did however love the impressionist exhibit and they had a really amazing collection of 18th and 19th century European paintings, which is what I have been studying for the past year. All in all, this is an amazing museum and I would really recommend it on your next trip to DC. 
The other museum we visited was the National Museum of Women in the Arts. I had never heard of this museum, but it was perfect as I am currently taking a Gender and Art in the Renaissance class. Walking through this museum, I felt like an expert! Anyways, this small museum was very well done and definitely someplace to stop if you are interested in female artists. 
Currently, I am in Missouri with my best friend who is from Jefferson City. I had never been to Missouri and didn't really have any expectations, but I am having a lovely time. We flew into St. Louis and were able to explore a little and it is a very cool city. I love traveling new places, and so far this spring break has been a fabulous adventure full of traveling, food, art, and good friends. XO