Neon isn't just for highlighters


Wearing bright colors has always been difficult for me because I'm always tempted to over-accessorize. I have to constantly remind myself that more is not always better and sometimes, I just need to tone it down. As you can imagine, this is not always easy for, so I have come up with a new plan when wearing bright things! I'm not going to necessarily wear less because that has proved unsuccessful. Instead I'm going to try and wear mostly neutrals and let the bright colors speak for themselves. 


Now enters my brand new earrings that are fabulous and huge, but mostly hidden by my hair. They are also conveniently black and white, which is very neutral...see where I'm going here? These earrings are perfect to wear with a bright shirt, because they are almost too big to pair with a necklace. Without that option, I can force myself to tone it down. Sometimes I need to follow Coco Chanel's advice and remember that "less is more." 


However, if you are looking to wear colors with your neon colored clothing, I really like pairing warm pastels like this peach clutch. They compliment the neon nicely and help to lessen the highlighter impact. XO 

Earrings: J.Crew, Glasses: The View on Elm, Top: from Anthropologie, but most similar in color here, Shorts: J.Crew, Shoes: Sam Edelman, Clutch: J.Crew, I think it's sold out though, but this one is the same just with fringe, Arm Candy: Alex and Ani, David Yurman, Chloe and Isabel, Watch