Look Book

Hello all! Today's post is going to be a little different than usual and quite a bit longer! I was recently approached about creating a look book of some of my favorite outfits and pieces of clothing. The timing was so perfect with the four year anniversary of the blog last weekend, so I decided to do it! The following is 8 of my favorite looks over the past four years. Outfits that made me feel beautiful and confident and came to define, or in some cases redefine my style. I am going to say a little bit more about each outfit, but I would also love to hear y'alls opinions in the comments about the outfits I chose or maybe ones you think I left out! XO
 This is one of my favorite outfits ever and one that I have worn many times over the past couple of years. It was at this point that I really decided to make the blog about fashion, and this was one of my first outfit of the day posts. This sweater is one of my favorite pieces because it is warm and cozy, but also a great layering piece. The hood can sometimes be difficult, but it always adds a fun extra layer to any outfit.

















One of my friends once called this my Carrie Bradshaw look. I've never really watched Sex and the City, but this is one of the outfits that I felt the most confident in. It is so very me and incorporates all of the different aspects of my style from classic pearls, to lots of sparkles, to super girly details. A tulle skirt is such an incredible statement piece and I love mine. Plus, this New York Times t-shirt might be my favorite article of clothing. I wear it with everything from jean shorts to under sweaters to tulle skirts. Having a reliable graphic t-shirt is vital for my wardrobe.






 My go-to formula for an outfit is a mix of neutrals and patterns with a big necklace and a pop of color. All of the style articles always seem to talk about having a tried and true outfit. I always get bored with a single so I try and have outfit formulas and pieces I can fall back on. This striped t-shirt and the cheetah shoes are two of my basics. Whether I wear them together or not, I know they fit, are comfortable, and always help me take my outfit to the next level.
Jumpsuits are incredibly intimidating. They can be difficult to find one that fits, there are normally a lot of patterns going on, and it's a jumpsuit for crying out loud! Despite all of that, I have always loved jumpsuits and this one is by far my favorite. It is a silk blend so it is lighter, which makes it perfect for almost any occasion and great for transitional weather. Plus it has pockets! What's not to love?


This might be one of my favorite outfits of all time because it combines some of my favorite pieces. Ever since my pixie cut, I have been a hat girl and this cable knit hat with the furry pom pom is so cute and perfect for me. The sweater is actually a sweatshirt material and the front is brocade, which adds some interesting texture and details to any outfit. Finally, my pearl necklace. You will probably be surprised to hear this, but I was really on the fence about whether or not to buy it. I didn't know if I would wear it! Lo and behold, three years later and I probably haven't been an entire week without wearing it since I bought it. Definitely one of my best purchases ever.


 If you have been reading the blog for a while, you know by now that I love turtlenecks and I love this deep purple/red color. So by default, this is my favorite shirt. But I also really love this outfit because it is easy and relatively simple in comparison to some of my other outfits. Sometimes though simplicity is nice and really enhances an outfit because you can focus on each aspect individually. My favorite part about this outfit is how the textures from the sweater, the necklace, and the skirt all play against each other and make it more interesting than just a turtleneck with a black skirt and a sweater.
 My favorite quote is by Oscar Wilde and says, "You can never be overdressed or overeducated." I love this quote because I can never just wear jeans and sneakers. I have to add a necklace, or two in this case. And a ruffled button-down. And everything has to color coordinate. Sometimes I don't even mean to, it just happens. But the point is that this outfit is the perfect example of my style. I tried to make it casual with sneakers, but on top, I'm ready for a night on the town. But that is also what I love about my clothes. None of them are strictly work clothes or strictly lazy day clothes. They all mix and match and I never quite know how my outfit is going to end up.
 So this final outfit is kind of a culmination of all of the other outfits and my style in general. It is girly with the flouncy skirt and bow detail on the hat. Of course, there are sparkles. It is mostly neutral, with a little color from the scarf. There is a hat involved. And it is not casual, but not over the top fancy either. As interested as I am in the most recent fashion trends and styles, I have come to realize that my own personal style from season to season doesn't change too much. I love girly details, but I don't like overly girly outfits. I love wearing black, but I also love hot pink. And my favorite thing of all about my clothes is that they are 100% me no matter what.

Labels: , , ,