Stripes and Fur

patterns, stripes, plaid, fur, fall

patterns, stripes, plaid, fur, fall

patterns, stripes, plaid, fur, fall

patterns, stripes, plaid, fur, fall

patterns, stripes, plaid, fur, fall

patterns, stripes, plaid, fur, fall

Mixing patterns is almost always a case by case situation. Sure I have rules about matching scale and matching color palettes, but at the end of the day, you normally just have to try it on and see how it looks. Last night for example, I tried on this turtleneck with this skirt. In my head, it looked awesome. In real life, I looked like a striped mess. It was bad.
But other times, mixing patterns works! I didn't even think about this vest being plaid until I put it on, but it ended up working really well with the stripes.
Any suggestions, ideas, or questions about mixing patterns? I'd love to hear them! XO 

Labels: , , ,