Golden Globes 2017 Red Carpet

Finally! A Red Carpet I can get behind! I have been struggling with red carpets so much lately because I have not been a fan of many of the dresses. However, at the Golden Globes last night, everyone really pulled out the stops and I had a hard time narrowing it down to these seven looks. Congratulations to everyone who was nominated last night and everyone really did look fabulous on the red carpet. Here are my favorite looks. I would love to hear if y'all have any additions to the list! XO



red carpet, golden globes, claire foy, sparkles

This is Claire Foy. You might not know here because she is new to the scene, but she stars in The Crown on Netflix and is amazing. I LOVE this dress. It is sparkly and pale pink and just the right amount of revealing. Such a classy and glamorous look for the red carpet, I can't say enough good things! I also love how she didn't over do it with hair, jewelry, or makeup. Sometimes with a dress like this, you need to let the dress speak for itself and Claire did just that. 

red carpet, golden globes, gwendoline christie

Gwendoline Christie looked like a peach colored Grecian goddess in this dress. I love the matching earrings, over the shoulder train, and pointy-toe heels. Also, rocking the power pose! This is how you do red carpet elegance. 

red carpet, golden globes, hailee steinfeld

These sheer tulle dresses have been in style for a while now and I am not always a fan, but I love the purple color of Hailee Steinfeld's gown and I love how the sleeves come off the shoulders and then connect right above the elbow. That is such a unique style which paired very well with the modern princess vibe this dress has going on. Also, the choker necklace and ring combination was the perfect pairing for this otherwise sparkle-less outfit. 

red carpet, golden globes, kristen bell

I'm not going to lie, I went back and forth on this dress for a while. I love the black sequins and the combination of a deep neckline and long sleeves, but the neckline is a little revealing for me and the bottom corners of it feel awkward. Obviously, I decided I like it in the end because a unique neckline is always interesting and I think Kristen Bell pulled it off so well. 

red carpet, golden globes, lily collins

Now this is a modern princess gown with the up-do, red lips, and full skirt to accompany it. I obviously love the color, but I think what really makes this dress is the embroidery. The detail is so exquisite and gives the dress an old world feel, while the bodice and color make it more modern. This might have been my favorite look of the night. Love, love love! 

red carpet, golden globes, Natalie Portman

No wonder Natalie Portman was cast as Jackie O. Even pregnant and decades later, Natalie perfectly emulated Jackie last night in this yellow gown. Great work by Natalie and her team because now I want to see the new Jackie O movie even more! But really, Natalie looked incredible and I love the throwback nod to Jackie and her incredible style. 

red carpet, golden globes, Ruth Negga

Well, we started with sparkles and it should come as a surprise to no one that we are ending with sparkles. Ruth Negga looked like an awesome, sparkly knight or something last night. I love the zipper and the embroidery detail on the top that is almost reminiscent of a Klimt painting. If you were wondering how to make a statement on the red carpet, this is how you do it. Absolutely stunning. 



Labels: , ,