Mixing Patterns for Spring

2017, OOTD, spring, stripes, ruffles, cheetah, pink, patterns,

Hello all! It is finally starting to feel like spring here and I couldn't be more excited. As much as  I love winter and my winter wardrobe, I am definitely ready for a change and I have been getting very excited about my summer wardrobe as I've been unpacking it.
2017, OOTD, spring, stripes, ruffles, cheetah, pink, patterns,

Last summer, a big trend for me was ruffles. By the end of the summer though, I was sick of all things ruffly and thought I had put that fashion trend to bed. However, after going through my summer clothes, I am all excited about ruffles again. They are such a fun and girly detail, which I absolutely love, especially for summer. 
2017, OOTD, spring, stripes, ruffles, cheetah, pink, patterns,

The other thing I am excited about for summer is patterns. I don't avoid patterns in the winter obviously, but my focus is generally mixing textures. In the summer, it is hard to mix textures without layering and completely overheating. So, patterns it is! 
2017, OOTD, spring, stripes, ruffles, cheetah, pink, patterns,

One of my favorite patterns is cheetah print. Whether it is with a plain black dress or florals (I know, totally ground breaking for spring, but they do look great with cheetah print), the cheetah print always takes the outfit to the next level. I especially love it with these stripes because each pattern seems to accentuate the other. Totally counter-intuitive, but I'm rolling with it. Big news tomorrow so make sure to check back! Until then, XO



Labels: , , , , , , ,