Classic Red Lips and Stripes are Perfect for Summer

2017, OOTD, summer, red, red lips, classic, top knot,

For me, there is nothing more classic than stripes and red lipstick. It just has that feel of the French Riviera or Rome in the 60s. As much as I love it, I really only wear this combination in the summer. When it's cold, I'm way too tempted to add multiple layers and patterns to the point that you lose that classic vibe
2017, OOTD, summer, red, red lips, classic, top knot,

Because this is such a classic look, I like to maintain as much of that feeling as possible while still having fun with accessories. To do that, I like to have big, but classic accessories. That add just enough of a punch but you don't loose the original combination of stripes and lipstick.
2017, OOTD, summer, red, red lips, classic, top knot,

These earrings, although I bought them at J.Crew last year, have a classic vibe and the neutral colors don't make them overtly contemporary. Same thing goes for this bag, which happens to actually be vintage. 
2017, OOTD, summer, red, red lips, classic, top knot,

Red lipstick dresses up an outfit so much that I always like to have something a little undone about the rest of my look. A messy bun was the perfect option because it toned things down and shows off my earrings. What's not to love? Until next time, XO

Earrings: Old J.Crew, similar here; Sunglasses: Oliver Peoples; State Necklace: Baublebar; Top: Anthropologie, similar here and here; Bracelet: J.Crew; Watch: Omega; Jeans: J.Crew; Purse: Vintage Coach, similar here; Shoes: Jack Rogers, similar here

Labels: , , , , , ,