Not Just a Black T-Shirt

2017, summer, black, t-shirt, statement piece, OOTD,

There are some pieces that you can always rely on and can't go wrong with. A black top for example, which is the basis for any wardrobe is one such piece. It is important to have a simple black t-shirt when you just want to throw one on, but it is equally important to have one with a little detail. I like this one because the little ruffle detail is subtle but makes it look complete without a cardigan or a jacket. 
2017, summer, black, t-shirt, statement piece, OOTD,

This kind of top is perfect for experimenting with statement necklaces because you essentially have a blank canvas. Almost any jewelry you wear will look good against black. I like to wear lighter colors that will really stand out against the black, especially pastels. This not only softens up the harsh black but also helps your jewelry make even more of a statement.
2017, summer, black, t-shirt, statement piece, OOTD,

Especially at this time of year, you want to lighten up your black top a little bit with lighter bottoms whether it is a colored skirt or shorts or lighter wash jeans. I've never been a fan of the super light-wash jeans, but these mid-range wash work just fine for me when I am wearing a lighter top or looking to mix up my typically dark jeans look. 
2017, summer, black, t-shirt, statement piece, OOTD,

Once you have the top and bottom figured out, it is all about accessories...in this case, shoes and a purse. I love a dark chunky heel. There is something so classic about it and it instantly makes my outfit. I just recently got these as my "anesthesia shoes" after some medical procedures. Check back at this post for the whole "anesthesia shoe" story. But they are absolutely fabulous. The heel height is perfect and I love the suede and pointed toe. 
2017, summer, black, t-shirt, statement piece, OOTD,

The finishing touch for this outfit was just a little pop of color with my bag. I've been wearing a lot of neon and decided to take a slight break, so pastel pink was the perfect solution. Until next time, XO

Necklace: Old Anthropologie, similar here; Top: Old J.Crew, similar here; Jeans: J.Crew; Watch: Omega; Purse: Old Anthropologie, similar here; Shoes: Pour la Victoire


Labels: , , , , ,