Reynolda House and Georgia O'Keeffe


Hello all! Today's post is going to be a little different as we are going to talk about art (yay!!) but I also have a fun outfit I wanted to share with you. First of all, let's start with the art. We've already discussed the North Carolina Museum of Art recently, check back here and here if you forgot. But, a museum that is even closer to me proximity wise and near and dear to me is Reynolda House in Winston-Salem.

While at Wake Forest, I was able to spend quite a bit of time at this museum and have many fond memories exploring the museum and the grounds. This museum is unique as it is not only a historic home for the Reynolds family, but also houses a lovely collection of American Art. If you are in the area, you should check it out as they have a fabulous John Singer Sargent and a lovely Frederic Remington.

If you are planning on coming to this area though, you should definitely wait until the end of the summer because starting August 18th, Reynolda House is going to have a special exhibition on Georgia O'Keeffe. I have loved O'Keeffe since my elementary art school teacher had us watch a documentary on her. To say I'm excited about this exhibition would be an understatement and I am even more excited that it is coming to a museum like Reynolda House. 

Not to worry, I will definitely have a review of this exhibition once I am able to see it! In the meantime, I will be studying up on O'Keeffe and her stunning work. Until next time, XO. 

Top: J.Crew, similar here and here; Earrings: J.Crew, similar here and here; Pants: J.Crew; Shoes: Cole Haan; Purse: Old Anthropologie, similar here

Labels: , , , , ,