Sequins and Chambray

2017, OOTD, sequins, chambray, pink, J.Crew,

Hello all! I hope your week is going well soon. Just a little note before we talk about sequins...there are going to be some changes on the blog coming up. I am very excited about them and I can't wait to show you. So make sure to stay tuned over the next couple of weeks and as always, feel free to leave feedback in the comments or email them to me! 
2017, OOTD, sequins, chambray, pink, J.Crew,

As you probably know, Jenna Lyons is one of my main style icons. Obviously she has great style, but I really connected with her when I discovered her in high school. She was wearing sequins and looked perfectly undone, but she was also wearing this giant, bold glasses on the red carpet. I have always loved my glasses, but to see someone wearing dramatic glasses on the red carpet was incredible and encouraging. Since then, Jenna has continued to inspire me and my style. 
2017, OOTD, sequins, chambray, pink, J.Crew,

When I saw this skirt on J.Crew Factory, I knew I had to have it. I could already envision so many outfits just from seeing it online. So, on a whim I ordered it. As much as I love sequins, a sequined mini skirt is a little out of the box for me. However, I am already in love with this skirt. It was the perfect pairing to a chambray and pink sneakers. 
2017, OOTD, sequins, chambray, pink, J.Crew,

As you know, I love to dress up certain pieces or wear them in interesting ways. These pink sneakers are so adorable and I love wearing them with big jewels or a dress. It makes them so much cooler and way more fun. They were the perfect pairing with the sequined skirt because I was trying to dress down the skirt so it worked for every day life. 
2017, OOTD, sequins, chambray, pink, J.Crew,

I am a huge fan of chambray shirts because they are way more versatile and fun than just a plain old button-down. The chambray worked perfectly with this skirt and was also a great opportunity to channel Jenna with the perfectly undone...half-tucked/ half-untucked top. 
2017, OOTD, sequins, chambray, pink, J.Crew,

The final touch for this look was simple jewelry and accessories. When you have a sequined skirt, knowing the limit is important and I think a big necklace or earrings would have pushed this outfit over the edge. Until next time, XO 

Skirt: J.Crew Factory; Shoes: Cole Haan; Top: J.Cew; Purse: Vintage Coach, similar here; Ring: David Yurman; Watch: Omega; Bracelet: J.Crew; Nail Polish: Butter London; Sunglass: Oliver Peoples, similar here

Labels: , , , , ,