Sprinkle Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars


Someone once told me that sprinkles are the glitter of the baking world. Now we all know how much I love anything glittery or sparkly, so it would only make sense that I would also love anything with sprinkles. Of course, this proved true over the past year as I made lots of sprinkle cookies for every holiday! The sprinkle cookies are amazing, but they are rather time consuming and I have been looking for a new baked good to mix it up at work. My mom made these for my sister when she was visiting and they were too good not to make again. It is one of the simplest recipes ever and so so yummy. Try them and let me know what you think! 

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips...next time I might try dark chocolate, but that's just me
1/2 cup sprinkles

Directions:
Preheat oven toe 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
Cream together the butter and brown sugar on medium speed in a stand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
Combine four, salt, and baking powder and add to mixture mixing until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips and sprinkles. I would stir these in with a spatula or by hand so you don't crush the sprinkles.
Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the edges are golden brown. Allow to cool on a wire rack before cutting.

Recipe and photos are both from my mom's fabulous food blog! Thanks Mom! Until next time, XO

Labels: , , , ,