How to Wear...Stripes

2017, summer, stripes, summer, OOTD, red lips, how to wear,
Dress: Old Anthropologie, similar here and here; Pearls: similar here; Bag: Madewell
Hello! Happy 4th of July to all of my American readers! Typically, I'm not a dress for the holiday type person. I normally just wear whatever I want. But for some reason, I always want to wear something a little patriotic for the 4th of July. 
2017, summer, stripes, summer, OOTD, red lips, how to wear,
Dress: Old Anthropologie, similar here and here; Pearls: similar here; Bag: Madewell
I don't want to wear something too ostentatious or over the top. For that, red stripes is the perfect option. Red stripes is something I can normally find in my closet without going out and buying a completely new outfit. Plus it is just the amount of subtleness that I'm looking for on the 4th of July.
2017, summer, stripes, summer, OOTD, red lips, how to wear,
Necklace: J.Crew; Top: Anthropologie, similar here and here; Jeans: J.Crew; Watch: Omega.
A striped dress with pearls is an easy option because you don't have to worry about anything else. You put on the dress and the pearls and you are all set for any social events you have planed whether it is a cook out or a party. 
2017, summer, stripes, summer, OOTD, red lips, how to wear,
Earrings: Old J.Crew, similar here; Sunglasses: Oliver Peoples; State Necklace: Baublebar; Top: Anthropologie, similar here and here; Bracelet: J.Crew; Watch: Omega; Jeans: J.Crew; Purse: Vintage Coach, similar here.
A striped top with jeans shorts or regular jeans is also a great option. I wore the above outfit today for a lunch meeting I had and a messy bun and red lips were the perfect accessory. What I like about stripes for this holiday is that you are being patriotic, but can still wear something that is your style and reflects your personality. Happy 4th! XO 

Labels: , , , , ,