My Go-To Comfy Outfit for Work

2017, summer, work wear, graphic, leather, OOTD,

Hello all! Happy Friday! Even though I had Tuesday off, this week has seemed impossibly long and I am in desperate need for some R&R this weekend. Whenever I feel worn out like this, I just want to wear something comfortable to work, but I need to still be professional.
2017, summer, work wear, graphic, leather, OOTD,

Once you are in the work force, or really anytime where you have a dress code, it is vital to have a couple pieces in your wardrobe that always work and are super comfortable. Then, if you have a day where you just aren't feeling it, you have something to fall back on. 
2017, summer, work wear, graphic, leather, OOTD,

For me, this t-shirt is my go-to no matter what the situation is. But, to make it work for my job, I needed to be a little creative. First note, you can totally make a graphic tee work appropriate, but the graphic needs to be ok for work- no alcohol, cursing, or anything- and you probably need to dress it up with a skirt. Even though this skirt is leather, the pleating lends a classic, professional vibe that was just what I needed to off-set this t-shirt. 
2017, summer, work wear, graphic, leather, OOTD,

Of course my next addition was easy- a big chunky necklace. When trying to dress up an outfit, a big piece of jewelry, heels, and a structured clutch make all of the difference. If you something bigger than a clutch, go for a structured bag. The cleaner the lines, the better. Finally, a nice bun always pulls together an outfit for me. Whatever it is for you, having a few pieces that make you feel comfortable and confident is key for any wardrobe. Until next time, XO

T-Shirt: New York Times; Necklace: Old Anthropologie, similar here and here; Jean Jacket: J.Crew; Skirt: J.Crew; Clutch: Banana Republic, similar here and here; Watch: Omega; Shoes: Similar here; Glasses: The View on Elm

Labels: , , , , ,