Off-The-Shoulder Preppy

2017, OOTD, summer, personal, off-the-shoulder, girly, J.Crew, Anthropologie,

Hello all! What a week it has already been! There is so much going on as I wrap up my current job and get ready to start my new job. Plus, I have some very exciting projects in the works that will be launching hopefully soon. The most exciting thing that is going on is I found an apartment! I am so excited about moving and I can't wait to decorate. Not to worry, there will be tons of photos and updates as usual :) 
2017, OOTD, summer, personal, off-the-shoulder, girly, J.Crew, Anthropologie,

More personal life updates to come soon, but for now, let's talk about off the shoulder looks. As you know from this post, the off-the-shoulder trend has been one of my favorite looks of the summer. Although it has been way out of my comfort zone, it has been fun to experiment and finds new ways to wear this look. 
2017, OOTD, summer, personal, off-the-shoulder, girly, J.Crew, Anthropologie,

I got this top ages ago, but I have been struggling to find ways to wear it as it is a little more skin tight than my typical look and slightly cropped. Mid-drift bearing, although very popular, is just not my style and not something I'm comfortable with so finding a pair of bottoms to wear has been a challenge. 
2017, OOTD, summer, personal, off-the-shoulder, girly, J.Crew, Anthropologie,

These shorts, though, turned out to be exactly what I needed. They are girly enough to make me feel more comfortable with the off-the-shoulder look and they are extremely high-waisted so I could tuck in my top. Adding a big necklace and my jean jacket made this outfit perfect for First Friday out in Greensboro. Until next time, XO. 

Necklace: J.Crew; Top: Anthropologie, similar here and here; Shorts: J.Crew; Jean Jacket: Old, similar here; Glasses: The View on Elm.


Labels: , , , , , , ,