Stripes and Summer Turtlenecks

2017, summer, work wear, OOTD, stripes, turtleneck, J.Crew, Anthropologie, Kate Spade,

Hello all! I hope your Thursday has gone well. This has been the weirdest week for me at work and I am so ready for the weekend. But before we get to relaxing this weekend, let's talk about summer work wear first. 
2017, summer, work wear, OOTD, stripes, turtleneck, J.Crew, Anthropologie, Kate Spade,

As you probably already know, I am always a skirt or dress girl when I have the option. Sure, I love a good pair of jeans, but I gravitate towards dresses and skirts- especially when shopping. This skirt, is the newest addition to my wardrobe. You almost can't tell in the photos, but it is a very skinny pin stripe, which I love. It gives it that professional, corporate air without being too over the top. 
2017, summer, work wear, OOTD, stripes, turtleneck, J.Crew, Anthropologie, Kate Spade,

What initially drew me to this skirt was the cinched waist and bow. I always feel more comfortable with a defined waist tailored into my clothing. This can be difficult to find sometimes, especially with summer silhouettes. But, I knew right away that no matter how it fit, the bow would give me the definition that I was looking for. 
2017, summer, work wear, OOTD, stripes, turtleneck, J.Crew, Anthropologie, Kate Spade,

The best part about this skirt for me is definitely the pockets. Any skirt or dress with pockets is a winner in my book because then I don't have to worry about carrying around my phone. It can just stay in my pocket and I don't have to worry about it. Until tomorrow! And if you've been watching my Instagram story, the recipe will be up on Sunday! XO 

Glasses: The View on Elm; Necklace: J.Crew; Top: Anthropologie, similar here and here; Skirt: J.Crew; Purse: Anthropologie, similar here; Shoes: Aerin, similar here; Watch: Omega



Labels: , , , , , , , ,