When One Door Closes, Another Door Opens

2017, summer, OOTD, personal, stripes, ruffles, pink,

Hello all! To all of my American readers, happy July 4th! I hope you had a fun-filled day. Mine was the perfect day off i.e. quiet, but productive. It was so nice to have a whole day all to myself. I so rarely get those these days.
2017, summer, OOTD, personal, stripes, ruffles, pink,

Well, as exciting as my quiet day off was (ha), I have some very big news to share with you tonight. As you know from this post, I had applied and was accepted to a master's program in London. I was all set to leave, had rented an apartment, bought my plane ticket, and handed in my notice at work when life happened...my master's program was cancelled.
2017, summer, OOTD, personal, stripes, ruffles, pink,

Since I found out that I wasn't moving to London, it has been a roller coaster of emotions and trying to figure out what I am going to do now that I'm not moving to another country. My program was cancelled in early May and I have finally gotten all of my ducks in a row. Starting August 1st, I am going to be the curator at a gallery here in Greensboro. I am so excited about this opportunity and I will share lots more details as August 1st approaches and I start. I just couldn't wait any longer to tell y'all! 
2017, summer, OOTD, personal, stripes, ruffles, pink,

As crazy and bumpy as this road has been, everything happens for a reason and I think this has all worked out incredibly well. Lots more details on the new job and what this means for Lefty Living Life to come in the next few weeks so stayed tuned. Until next time, XO

Top: Old J.Crew, similar here and here; Brooch: J.Crew, similar here; Jeans: J.Crew; Shoes: Jack Rogers; Purse: J.Crew; Bracelets: David Yurman, Loren Hope, J.Crew, Kiel James Patrick; Watch: Omega; Rings: Monogram similar here, David Yurman; Glasses: The View On Elm.

Labels: , , , , , ,