Hot Pink Professional


Hello all! Happy Wednesday! It is kind of weird for me now as I have Monday off so it feels like Tuesday instead of Wednesday. Whatever day it feels like for you, I hope you are having a fabulous week so far. I am currently living my dream life as I blog this from a bakery that I walked to from my apartment! I could not be more excited about living downtown or about this bakery...I already have a bakery addiction.


As you know, I love this dress and wear it semi-regularly. But it is hard to mix it up first of all because of the very recognizable color. But also, the bow in the back makes it hard to belt or layer with other pieces. So, I typically have to get creative. For me, that means changing up my jewelry, shoes, and accessories so each time I have a different pairing. At least this way I'm not wearing the exact same outfit every few weeks. 


One of the hardest hurdles for me to get over when it comes to creating outfits is wearing the same color in a different shade. For some reason, my brain vehemently opposes this idea, but it always looks so cute when I finally try it. One such color combination that works really well is pale pink and hot pink. The monotone gives the outfit another interesting factor and the pale pink can help to tone down the hot pink. Definitely a combination to try! Until next time, XO 

Necklace: J.Crew; Dress: Old, similar here and here; Purse: Vintage Coach, similar here; Shoes: J.Crew; Watch: Omega; Rings: here and here; Glasses: The View on Elm



Labels: , , , ,