Off-the-shoulder Neon

2017, summer, neon, J.Crew, statement necklace, stripes, off-the-shoulder, pink,

Hello all! My new schedule has been so weird and is completely throwing me off. Before, I worked full-time Monday through Friday and then part time Saturday and Sunday. Now, I work full-time Tuesday through Saturday, with a little extra Saturday night and then part time Sunday with Monday completely off. Monday felt like Saturday all day and yesterday felt like Monday. Today, I have no idea what day it is ha! 

2017, summer, neon, J.Crew, statement necklace, stripes, off-the-shoulder, pink,

It is so weird to think that a few years ago, I was barely wearing any color at all. I never would have dared to wear an all neon outfit especially with an off-the-shoulder bodysuit! But, like with everything, your style changes and evolves. Now, it is so easy for me to wear color. Whether it is just a pop of color in an otherwise neutral outfit or lots of neon pink. It is almost second nature to add color to an outfit. 
2017, summer, neon, J.Crew, statement necklace, stripes, off-the-shoulder, pink,

When it comes to neon, don't let it intimidate you. Like anything else, start with a simpler base...for this outfit that was the bodysuit, jeans, and sandals. Then, I added a bright necklace. When choosing a necklace, I wanted one that would fall above my top because of the ruffle. That narrowed down my selection a little. Then I wanted one with a little color because my base was rather boring and very blue. This necklace has some blue to tie it in with the outfit but then the bright pink so it was perfect.
2017, summer, neon, J.Crew, statement necklace, stripes, off-the-shoulder, pink,

The final piece to this outfit was the belt. I was happy with the necklace, but needed something to break-up all of the blue in the rest of the outfit. This belt was the perfect addition to tie-in to the necklace and add that final pop. Keep an eye out tonight for my review of Reynolda House's newest art exhibition on Georgia O'Keeffe! Until then, XO

Necklace: J.Crew; Bodysuit: J.Crew; Belt: J.Crew; Jeans: J.Crew; Watch: Omega; Glasses: The View on Elm; Shoes: Jack Rogers.


Labels: , , , , , , ,