Go-to Cocktail Outfit

2017, OOTD, cocktail party, sequins, J.Crew, off-the-shoulder, fall,

2017, OOTD, cocktail party, sequins, J.Crew, off-the-shoulder, fall,

2017, OOTD, cocktail party, sequins, J.Crew, off-the-shoulder, fall,

2017, OOTD, cocktail party, sequins, J.Crew, off-the-shoulder, fall,

2017, OOTD, cocktail party, sequins, J.Crew, off-the-shoulder, fall,


One thing I always struggle with is dressing up for an event. Am I dressed up enough? Am I dressed up too much? Do I even like my outfit? A lot of times when I dress up, I feel like I am losing part of my style and personality in my outfit. But no more. I have finally found the perfect cocktail-level outfit for me! And of course it involves as many sequins as I could find.
I picked up this sequined pencil skirt from J.Crew awhile ago. I know exactly how I'm going to wear it come winter...with a chunky sweater and motorcycle boots. But now, I had no idea what to do with it or where it was appropriate to wear it. 
But then, I had an unexpected cocktail-attire party come up last minute. I didn't have a dress and didn't have time to find one so I needed to make what I had work. Finally, I thought, the perfect chance to wear my sequins! With so much going on with my skirt, it seemed best to stick with a simple, black, off-the-shoulder top and black heels. I was so excited about this look, but it definitely needed the necklace to fill-up some of the empty space. I think statements earrings would have worked just as well. 
I was so pleased with how this outfit came together and I can't wait for another cocktail party or colder weather so I can wear this skirt again! Do you have a go-to look you always wear for cocktail parties? Until next time, XO. 

P.S. My clutch is actually my wallet! You can get it here and there is also a similar one linked below



Labels: , , , , , ,